March 2016 National Standards update
- The process is taking longer than anticipated, and Lara Kalwinski is now reviewing applications that were submitted last October.
- Christina Gonzalez, a lawyer, will begin on April 4 to help Lara.
- The clock on National Standards yearly accreditation does not begin until a community foundation’s first online accreditation is complete.
- If a National Standards application is in process and the accreditation date passes, the community foundation is automatically put into extension.
- If a community foundation cannot find their name on the cfstandards.org locator, they can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The key point is that a community foundation that was certified for national standards is still on national standards while the recertification process is underway.
Please feel free to contact Lara directly if you have any questions on this issue. Lara Kalwinski <Lara.Kalwinski@cof.org>