Join the League of California Community Foundations
The League is a member-driven coalition of 30+ community foundations across the state. Our members drive the strategic goals and priorities of the League as it fosters collaboration, capacity building and knowledge sharing across California.
- LCCF partnered with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to deploy $2 million in rapid response grants for COVID relief to 22 community foundations across the state.
- In partnership with Philanthropy California and the State of California, LCCF launched the California Disaster Relief, Recovery and Resilience Fund.
- LCCF developed and produced a new course on Fiduciary Training for Community Foundation Boards, now available virtually and on-demand, free of charge to members.
- Guest speakers from statewide and national initiatives joined LCCF members for roundtable discussions, including:
- Kathleen Kelly Janus, Senior Advisor for Social Innovation, Office of Governor Gavin Newsom
- Abby Browning, Chief of Private Sector and NGO Coordination, California Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES)
- Micah Weinberg, CEO, California Forward
- Kevin van Bronkhorst, Manager, National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations
- Kim McCoy Wade, Director, California Department on Aging
- Mario Lugay, Senior Innovation Director, Justice Funders
- Janet Spears, CEO, Metta Fund
- Jen and David Risher, Founders, #HalfMyDAF movement
- Lindsie Bear, Director, Native Cultures Fund
- Ingrid Skoog, Security Director, Center for Digital Resilience
- Ted Lempert, Director, The Children’s Movement of California
- Ami Nagle, Director, EITC Funders Network
- Through a new monthly member forum LCCF members shared strategies and insights on topics including:
- Rapid response crisis grant making
- Facilitating government funds
- Supporting movements for racial justice
- Public policy advocacy
- Fostering quality local journalism
- Virtual donor and grantee engagement
- Online giving days
- Remote work transition
- Finance and investment strategy
- Nonprofit capacity building programs
- E-reporting grants data with Candid