Join the League of California Community Foundations
The League is a member-driven coalition of 30+ community foundations across the state. Our members drive the strategic goals and priorities of the League as it fosters collaboration, capacity building and knowledge sharing across California.
- LCCF partnered with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to deploy $2 million in rapid response grants for COVID relief to 22 community foundations across the state.
- In partnership with Philanthropy California and the State of California, LCCF created the California Disaster Relief, Recovery and Resilience Fund to support the work of CA community foundations.
- Guest speakers from statewide and national initiatives joined LCCF members for virtual roundtables, including:
- Kathleen Kelly Janus, Senior Advisor for Social Innovation, Office of Governor Gavin Newsom
- Kim McCoy Wade, Director, California Department on Aging
- Mario Lugay, Senior Innovation Director, Justice Funders
- Micah Weinberg, CEO, California Forward
- Janet Spears, CEO, Metta Fund
- Jen and David Risher, Founders, #HalfMyDAF movement
- Lindsie Bear, Director, Native Cultures Fund
- Ingrid Skoog, Security Director, Center for Digital Resilience
- Kevin van Bronkhorst, Manager, National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations
- Through a new monthly member forum LCCF members shared strategies and insights on topics including:
- Rapid response crisis grant making
- Funding and supporting movements for racial justice
- Public policy advocacy for state ballot initiatives
- Virtual donor and grantee engagement
- Online giving days
- Remote work transition and office reopening amid COVID
- Finance and investment strategy amid market turmoil