The Growing Community Foundations Circle is a new effort to strengthen and cultivate the network of small and emerging community foundations in California through networking, training, capacity building, and shared learning.
Circle participants share questions and resources year-round via a dedicated listserv, and meet virtually every 1-2 months for peer-driven discussions and workshops.
All Circle participants also enjoy: one complimentary seat at the Community Foundation Boot Camp live virtual course; ongoing access to the on-demand virtual course Fiduciary Training for Community Foundation Boards; and discounts to certain other League-sponsored programs.
Recent Workshop Topics
- Strategic Planning
- Community Philanthropy Models
- Staffing Small Community Foundations
- Long-Term Growth Strategies
- Donor-Advised Funds
- Board Development and Recruitment
- Marketing and Branding
- Fund Development
- Donor Stewardship
Join the Circle
The Growing Community Foundation Circle is open to any community foundation that:
- Has total assets under management below $10M
- Has its principal office in the state of California
- Operates to serve a geographic community in the state of California
- Has a governing board
- Has at least one part-time paid staff person, or plans to hire its first paid staff person within 1 year
The annual participation fee is $1200. To inquire about joining the Growing Community Foundation Circle, please contact us here.